UPDATE: I am updating the piece with the actual results for the weekend in RED.
I went 18-3 for the week.
Here is a quick look at how I think the Top 25 schedule will play out this weekend. Games are listed in order of games, not in order of rankings. My winners are in BOLD.
- Illinois at (22) South Florida (47-23 USF)
South Florida comes in as a 17 point favorite. I think USF pulls away late, beating Illinois by a touchdown 28-21.
- Air Force at (7) Michigan (29-13 Michigan)
Michigan’s defense overpowers Air Force and takes an easy win 38-10.
- (9) Oklahoma State at Pitt (59-21 OSU)
Pitt’s offense has been a bit underwhelming so far. Rudolph adds to his 638 Passing yards and six (6) touchdowns. OSU wins a tough match 21-10.
- (25) UCLA at Memphis (48-45 Memphis)
I don’t see Rosen pulling any rabbits out of his hat this weekend. I see Memphis pulling off the upset by a field goal 24-21.
- (10) Wisconsin at BYU (40-6 Wisconsin)
Jonathan Taylor reaches 150 yards rushing and Wisconsin wins going away 38-17.
- (16) Virginia Tech at East Carolina (64-17 VT)
East Carolina starts fast, but VT runs away in the second half and wins 28-10.
- SMU at (20) TCU (56-36 TCU)
I think the Hick/Sutton duo pulls out a tough one here, beating TCU 20-10.
- (23) Tennessee at (24) Florida (26-20 Florida)
This is a pick-em in my mind. I don’t think the second half showing that Florida had against Michigan is indicative of how they’ll play Saturday. Florida wins a gritty game 17-14.
- Mercer at (15) Auburn (24-10 Auburn)
Really? Auburn by a ton 45-10.
- Army at (8) Ohio State (38-7 OSU)
I honestly believe that Army can hang. They’ll make it tough on OSU, but OSU’s depth will win the day 28-20.
- Oregon State at (21) Washington State (52-23 Washington State)
Washington State wins a nail-biter here, 21-20.
- Tulane at (2) Oklahoma (56-14 Oklahoma)
Oklahoma big 49-9.
- Colorado State at (1) Alabama (41-23 Alabama)
- (12) LSU at Mississippi State (37-7 Mississippi State)
Mississippi State surprises the Tigers at home 24-21
- Georgia State at (5) Penn State (56-0 Penn State)
Barkley pads his numbers for a 35-0 shutout.
- Samford at (13) Georgia (42-14 Georgia)
Georgia wins solidly 28-6.
- (18) Kansas State at Vandy (14-7 Vandy)
I’m probably crazy, but I see Vandy pulling off the upset at home 27-24.
- (3) Clemson at (14) Louisville (47-21 Clemson) OUCH!
The reigning Champions Clemson, have a very stout defense, but very little depth. I think this one plays out a lot like last year’s big battle. Clemson pulls out early, only to see Louisville and the Heisman Trophy winner Lamar Jackson take advantage of that lack of depth and rally. The difference being Watson isn’t putting on that helmet for the Tigers. Louisville finally wins a Primetime College Gameday Match-up against Clemson 38-35.
- Texas at (4) USC (27-24 USC)
USC is a bit overrated in my opinion, but they pull out a solid win against a Texas team looking for an identity. USC 24-14.
- Fresno State at (6) Washington (48-16 Washington)
Washington by a lot 38-6.
- (19)Stanford at San Diego State (20-17 San Diego State)
Stanford rushes for over 300 yards as a team and wins handily 35-3.
- (17) Miami at (11) Florida State – Postponed